- This topic explains the working of MVC in ASP.NET programming.
- ASP.NET supports three different development models, they are Web Pages, MVC (Model View Controller), and Web Forms.
- MVC means Model View Controller
- MVC is a software architecture pattern that separates the representation of information from the user’s interaction with it.
- The model view controller pattern was originally formulated in the late 1970s by Trygve Reenskaug at Xerox PARC, as part of the Smalltalk system
- MVC has been adapted has architecture for World Wide Web.
- With the help of MVC architecture, several commercial and non-commercial application architecture have been developed.
- MVC is one of the programming models used in ASP.NET programming.
- MVC framework is used to develop web applications using MVC (Model View Controller) design:
The MVC model represent application core.
The view displays the data.
The controller handles the input.
- MVC model explains the web applications in three logical layers:
The business layer (Model logic)
The display layer (View logic)
The input layer (controller logic)
- The Model is the part of the application that handles the logic for the application data. Often model objects retrieve data (and store data) from a database.
- The View is the parts of the application that handles the display of the data. Most often the views are created from the model data.
- The Controller is the part of the application that handles user interaction. Typically controllers read data from a view, control user input, and send input data to the model.
- MVC programming model is lighter when compared to old ASP.NET web forms. It is a lightweight, highly testable framework, integrated with all existing ASP.NET features, such as Master Pages, Security, and Authentication.
- MVC separation helps us a lot in complex applications in their working. Because with the help of MVC we can focus on ne aspect at a time. You can focus on view logic without using business logic. This makes easier your to test web applications. MVC reduces the load in group development. You can divide the group and makes them concentrate on logic, business and controller logic in parallel.
Working of MVC programming model