- This topic helps to learn the working of ContextMenuStrip control in C#.
ContextMenuStrip control in C#
- The ContextMenuStrip control provides a shortcut menu that you associate with a control.
ContextMenuStrip Control in C# Overview
- Shortcut menus, also called context menus, appear at the mouse position when the user clicks the right mouse button.
- Shortcut menus provide options for the client area or the control at the mouse pointer location.
How to implement ContextMenuStrip in C# with controls?
- After creating your controls and shortcut menus, use the following procedures to display a given shortcut menu when the user right-clicks the control.
- These procedures associate a ContextMenuStrip with a Windows Form and with a ToolStrip control.
Step to add ContextMenuStrip control to form of your application
- Step 1: Add or drag ContextMenuStrip Control to the form from toolbox
- Step 2: Click on ContextMenuStrip Control on the form and insert the field that needed when right click on any other controls
- Step 3: After adding Field, drag a TextBox control to the form, and select its properties and select ContextMenuStrip property and select your ContextMenuStrip (ContextMenuStrip1)
- Step 4: Now click on ContextMenuStrip in C# and double click on any field that you give, for writing code
private void StartToolStripMenuItem_Click(System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e)
TextBox1.Text = "Welcome";
private void StopToolStripMenuItem_Click(System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e)
TextBox1.Text = "";
- Step 5: Now right Click on the TextBox, now you can see the ContextMenuStrip and click any option that shown.
Imp: For adding break between the name, just type “-“(without quotes).
If you have any doubts in ContextMenuStrip Control or any new topics to post in our site, please feel free to contact us..our mail id: email@example.com