- This topic shows how to add and use notification icon tool available in C# programming.
What is notifyicon Tool in C#?
- NotifyIcon tool in C# displays an icon in the notification area, on the right side of the windows taskbar during runtime.
- The Windows Forms NotifyIcon component in C# is typically used to display icons for processes that run in the background and do not shows a user interface much of the time.
- An example would be a virus protection program that can be accessed by clicking an icon in the status notification area of the taskbar.
- Icons in the notification area are shortcuts to processes that are running in the background of a computer, such as a virus protection program or a volume control.
- These processes do not come with their own user interfaces.
- The NotifyIcon class in C# provides a way to program in this functionality.
- The Icon property defines the icon that appears in the notification area.
- Pop-up menus for an icon are addressed with the ContextMenu property in C#.
- The Text property assigns ToolTip text.
- In order for the icon to show up in the notification area, the visible property must be set to true.
Assembly: System.Windows.Forms (in System.Windows.Forms.dll)
public sealed class NotifyIcon : Component
Steps to add NotifyIcon tool in C# to our application.
- Step 1: Add a NotifyIcon in C# to the form (or application) from the toolbox
- Step 2: Take properties of notifyIcon and change the text property with name of your project
- Step 3: Select icon for the NotifyIcon
- Step 4: Select BalloonTipIcon for showing tips that you give, tips can be given in BalloonTipText
- Step 5: Now run the program you can see icon in taskbar
- Note: You can also give ContextMenuStrip for this notifyIcon tool in C#
If you have any suggestions regarding notifyicon tool in C#, please feel free to contact us our mail id: codingangel.com
How to use notifyicon tool in C#