- This topic explains how to create mdi form in vb programming.
- This helps to create parent-child form with the help of vb.net programming.
Windows Forms – How to create mdi form in vb
- Forms are the basic unit of our applications, it is essential that some thought be given to their function and design.
- A form is ultimately a blank slate that you, as a developer, enhance with controls to form a user interface and code to manipulate data.
Multiple-Document Interface (MDI) – How to create mdi form in vb
- Multiple-document interface (MDI) applications allow you to display multiple documents at the same time, with each document displayed in its own window.
- MDI applications often have a Window menu item with submenus for switching between windows or documents.
MDI Parent – How to create mdi form in vb
- The foundation of a Multiple-Document Interface (MDI) Application is the MDI parent form.
- This is the form that contains the MDI child windows, which are the “sub-windows” wherein the user interacts with the MDI application.
- Creating an MDI parent form is easy, both in the Windows Forms Designer and programmatically.
Step to create MDI Parent.
Step 1: Click on the main form and takes its isMdiContainer propert in Property box, default value is false, change to true that will set your selected form to mdi parent. (your form background become grey color)
MDI child – How to create mdi form in vb
- An essential element of Multiple-Document Interface (MDI) Applications is MDI child forms, as these are the center of user interaction.
Step to create MDI child.
For this add a button to your form and write below code into the button click event to open the child form.
How to create mdi form in vb – Complete Code
Public Class Form3
Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
Form2.MdiParent = Me